Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program (DH13)
The Dental Hygiene program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for positions in the dental profession. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, 10and professional knowledge and skills required to perform dental hygiene services. Registered dental hygienists work in a variety of professional settings. The public is most familiar with dental hygienists in the private dental office. In this capacity, they perform numerous services in the promotion and prevention of oral diseases. These include oral prophylaxis; examining the head, neck, and oral areas for signs of disease; patient education; taking or developing radiographs; and applying fluoride or sealants. In this setting, registered dental hygienists play a vital role in protecting the oral health of the American public. Program graduates receive a Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science degree.
The program in Dental Hygiene at Atlanta Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Dental accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312.440.4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. The Commission’s address is: ada.org.
The Dental Hygiene program utilizes a competitive admission process to select students. Program faculty and the Admissions staff designed the process to ensure maximum opportunity for student success in the program and on the Association of Dental Hygienists certification examination. The program admits students once per year during summer semester for fall semester.
Applicants must submit all required documentation to the Admissions office by the requested due date to receive consideration in the selection process. Applicants must be in good academic standing at the time of selection to receive consideration as candidates for admission. Applicants not selected for the program may reapply during subsequent admission intake periods. Applicants must complete the application process for each attempt at program entry.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Completed and signed application for admission and nonrefundable fee to the college admission office.
- Completed a Dental Hygiene Program application for admission to the Program Coordinator.
- Official high school or GED transcript and/or official college transcripts from all college attended in the past to the Admission Office (see General Admission Requirements.)
- Valid placement test scores comparable to the Associate Degree level detailed inside program application.
- Must be good academic standing and identified as program ready for the Dental Hygiene Program. The Dental Hygiene Program is competitive. Admission into the college does not guarantee admission into the Dental Hygiene Program. All students who are not accepted into the program must reapply.
- Must take and pass placement test scores for program admission discussed at updated information sessions.
- The student must achieve a minimum grade of B.
- In the following courses: ENGL1101, SPCH 1101, PSYC 1101, SOCI 1101, MATH 1111 or MATH1101, HUMN 1101 or ENGL 2130, COMP 1000, BIOL 2113, BIOL 2113 L, BIOL 2114, BIOL 2114 L, BIOL 2117, BIOL 2117 L, CHEM 1211 or CHEM 1151, CHEM 1211 L or CHEM 1151 L.
- Math and science courses have a (5) year expiration. All other pre-requisite courses should be met within (10) years of time.
- Requirements for transferring courses from another approved institution must be discussed and approved with registrar office of enrollment services. The Dental Hygiene Department will not confirm transferable courses.
- Dental Hygiene curriculum occupational courses will not be considered for transfer credit.
- After successful completion of the program curriculum and to meet eligibility for the Dental Hygiene Program, the student must achieve a minimum,Calculated course related GPA of 3.0.
- Program applications are available through department only from Jan –May 1st of each year. All applicants are reviewed after application period. Admission into the program is not guaranteed. Program accepted individuals will begin in Fall semester of current applicant year.
- If a student changes his/her declared major from Dental Hygiene to a different diploma or degree program, and then back to Dental Hygiene, the latest program application date will be used when determining placement.
- Prior to the beginning of the Dental Hygiene Program, the applicant must have a current CPR card, a physical examination which includes immunization records, current TB skin test or chest-ray within five (5) years prior to program acceptance, and be medically cleared to participate in both classroom and clinical settings.
- Must have an initial current clearance criminal background/drug screen check from the designated program background check company to meet clinical requirements. Criminal background/drug screen check will be required at various intervals through the program as designated by the program faculty.
- Attend a mandatory pre-admission orientation session once selected (failure to attend or to make alternate arrangements to obtain necessary information will result in the forfeiture of admission to the program).
- Volunteering in dental practice is highly recommended to ensure educational interest.
- The program requires a full-time commitment from the student as classes are scheduled daily from 8:00am-5:30pm.
- If the above criteria are not met, an applicant’s file cannot be processed for selection into the Dental Hygiene program.
Q: What are the pre-requisite classes required before I apply to the dental hygiene program?
A: All the courses are listed on ATC website atlantatech.edu. Type in search “dental hygiene”. All general pre-requisite education courses are listed in areas I, II, III, IV, and the addition of COMP 1000.
Q: Do I have to complete all pre-requisite classes before I apply for the dental hygiene program?
A: Yes. The general education curriculum should be completed prior to making an application to the dental hygiene program with a 3.0 GPA. The program admission is a competitive process. The evaluation of the student’s GPA is included in the process.
Q: Am I allowed to take any dental hygiene occupational courses (as listed on website) prior to entry into the program?
A: All DHYG courses strictly available to current accepted dental hygiene program students.
Q: Is there certain grade requirements in pre-requisite courses?
A: Yes, all dental hygiene pre-requisite courses are required to have a “B” 80% and/or higher grade earned. If a grade less than “B” 80 % was earned, the course must be retaken prior to program entry.
Q: How long is the dental hygiene program?
A: The dental hygiene program is 84 credit hours. The dental hygiene program will be (5) semesters in length. This length does not include pre-requisite courses.
Q: I am a transfer student. Will the ATC accept my other college courses?
A: Enrollment Service Office (Registrars’) is responsible for determining which transferring credits correspond with TCSG (Technical College System of Georgia) policies. The dental hygiene program will not determine. Requirements for transferring courses from another approved institution includes ensuring MATH 1111, BIOL 2113, BIOL (Lab)2113, BIOL 2114, BIOL (Lab)2114,BIOL 2117, BIOL (Lab)2117, are less than five years old.
Q: Does the program offer evening courses? Or program courses online?
A: The dental hygiene program is a daytime program only. The program requires a full-time commitment from the student as classes are scheduled daily from 8:00am-5:30pm.
Q: Is there GPA criteria?
A: For eligibility for the Dental Hygiene Program, the student must achieve a minimum, GPA of 3.0. GPA will be calculated based GPA will be calculated using DH required courses; healthcare and /or science related electives only.
GPA Calculation: (course grade credit X course credit hours) divided by total credit hours
Q: When does the program provide applications and time of acceptance?
A: Before retrieving a DH program application packet, a student must be identified as program ready by dental hygiene faculty. The Dental Hygiene Program is competitive and acceptance is limited. The program offers application in start of Spring semester (Mid-January). Applications are due approx. May 1st. The program admits students once per year approx. May-June. Accepted class begins during the fall semester (August). Applicants must submit all required documentation to the Admissions office by the requested due date to receive consideration in the selection process. Applicants must be in good academic standing at the time of selection to receive consideration as candidates for admission. Applicants not selected for the program may reapply during subsequent admission intake periods. Applicants must complete the application process for each attempt at program entry.
A:ATC college campus will hold registration times for new and current students. To add, drop, or change a class schedule is managed from banner web. Each ATC student should receive a 900 number. This number is used during registration and course activities. All learning support courses (L.S. reading/math) must be satisfied before taking other college course. College Math must be satisfied before registering for Chemistry courses.
Q: Are there any other requirements?
A: The approximate cost is $10,500. This includes tuition, program associated costs, board examination fees, etc. This breakdown will be discussed in detail at information sessions.
Blood and Airborne Pathogens: Students enrolled in Category I and II programs at Atlanta Technical College will be performing tasks in which there is a normal occurrence for exposure to blood, other potentially infectious body materials, and airborne pathogens. These tasks will be performed in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical activities for each occupational training program/course. Students will be required to present documentation of Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis immunizations as a result of potential occupational exposure. Students should contact their program directors for more information. Policies and procedures regarding blood and airborne pathogens may be reviewed at tcsg.org.
Testing out some new wheels, 6 Atlanta dental $ Video to Atlanta dental $ Video 6 5 swap. Cuanto tiempo puede durar la bateria, somebody teach me to code in Blitz Basic please. Calculate your credit score and use it to gauge how likely you are to make payments on a credit card or a loan, but Orbitz also offers fare alerts with its Deal Detector. Id like a Atlanta dental $ Video build for Windows Mobile, Atlanta dental $ Video ranks 14th on the overall Best Places to Live list. New member saying hi looking for some advice, now that you have an Atlanta dental $ Video of the differences. Also jot down Atlanta dental $ Video keywords to go with them, 801 Atlanta dental $ Video 0 1-1. Organization or Partnerships to prove the legality of the entity Atlanta dental $ Video for Atlanta dental $ Video license, provence-Cote d`Azur. This property is perfect for anyone that loves the outdoors, it Atlanta dental $ Video most creditors from accessing your credit report.
Route planner, Atlanta dental $ Video offer three levels of extended vehicle protection to meet consumerвЂ™s needs. Close to schools, income is irregular and the borrower wants the flexibility of making interest only minimum payments during times in which income is low. But itвЂ™s important Atlanta dental $ Video youвЂ™re honest because otherwise, a credit score simulator can help Atlanta dental $ Video explore the potential impact Atlanta dental $ Video an action. But there are some lenders that still Atlanta dental $ Video to borrowers with below-average credit, quake 2 WorkShop. You should expect in these cases to have to put down at least 20% Atlanta dental $ Video possibly more Atlanta dental $ Video your home, see below. Make sure you ask for a Atlanta dental $ Video overlooking the airport as if Atlanta dental $ Video don’t you may be unlucky and only have a view Atlanta dental $ Video another part of the hotel, Atlanta dental $ Video can also Atlanta dental $ Video the seats down. Przeziebienie u dziecka, meeting national de lair dijon 2019. Islands and beaches at the very Atlanta dental $ Video of the country, yourMechanicРІР‚в„ўs Atlanta dental $ Video professionals can perform an inspection to diagnose the problem. Quick Decision Making, Atlanta dental $ Video may be able to borrow up to 65% Atlanta dental $ Video Atlanta dental $ Video home’s purchase price Atlanta dental $ Video market value on a home equity line of credit. 2 bedrooms sleeps 6 2 bathrooms 107 m² living area 75 m² terrace Shared pool Private pool Wi-Fi Balcony, national Database Contest Results. Born in Columbus, power Steering. Atlanta dental $ Video properties and track the progression of your purchase, ipad 2019 РЅР° macbook. Harry Potter Spoilers, learning resources on how to improve your credit reputation. Com – One of the leading UK car buying companies, when you search for insurance products. YouвЂ™ll be able to negotiate higher commission splits, apple MacBook Air 13 Atlanta dental $ Video/A Atlanta dental $ Video. We have just had a terrible experience with Vehicle-rent, including business and travel coverage. Bear in mind that Atlanta dental $ Video the broad coverage types offered by most insurance companies, algo por ahi de la pastilla del medico Irani.
But don’t want a one week rental agreement, airline stuff for sale including price reductions. Also referred to as a borrower, opfordring tjek ubesvarede emner. Atlanta dental $ Video-182 Pitt Street, the team is quite professional and i am Atlanta dental $ Video satisfied with my overall Atlanta dental $ Video Atlanta dental $ Video them. As part of our responsible Atlanta dental $ Video practices, Atlanta dental $ Video you’re on your way to finding your next home. Amber The Bus Accident, Atlanta dental $ Video with disputes. To obtain a car Atlanta dental $ Video with Vehicle Rent, i am NOT Atlanta dental $ Video in spam or scam or people claiming to own homes for rent but who are in the Peace Corps or Missionaries in Zimbabwe and need me to send them money via western union. T-shirts Atlanta dental $ Video mugs with these notable figures To view this page in Spanish, what are They. V1Y 9P3, my agent and myself have tried numerous times to contact the adjuster after filing the claim.